Communications & Publicity Consultant
Publicity is essential for your message to be heard in this age of information overload.
With over a decade of experience as a Communications Specialist, Anne has strategized publicity and marketing campaigns for publishers, media outlets, businesses, and non-profit organizations. As a seasoned publicist with a proven track record of launching highly effective publicity campaigns — resulting in increased book sales, higher visibility and brand recognition, and national media coverage — she will guide you through the competitive world of media coverage so that your message gets the attention it deserves.
Anne was the Publicity Director for The New Press from 2007 until 2011 and previously worked for Nation Books/Avalon Publishing, The Disinformation Company, and Lantern Books. As a communications, publicity, marketing, and social media consultant, her clients have included Moyers & Company and Public Affairs Television, Bill Moyers, Alice Walker, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Wenonah Hauter, Dr. John Carlos, the Forks Over Knives companion books, Rich Roll, Sue Coe, Verso Books, Strike Debt’s Rolling Jubilee initiative, and others.
• Fukushima: The Story of a Nuclear Disaster (by David Lochbaum, Edwin Lyman, Susan Q. Stranahan and the Union of Concerned Scientists, published by The New Press)
• Live and Let Live (feature documentary DVD)
• Our Daily Poison: From Pesticides to Packaging, How Chemicals Have Contaminated the Food Chain and Are Making Us Sick (by Marie-Monique Robin, published by The New Press)
• Crisis Without End: The Medical and Ecological Consequences of the Fukushima Nuclear Catastrophe (edited by Dr. Helen Caldicott, published by The New Press)
• Moyers & Company (weekly current affairs public television program)
• Meatonomics: How the Rigged Economics of Meat and Dairy Make You Consume Too Much-and How to Eat Better, Live Longer, and Spend Smarter (by David Robinson Simon, published by Red Wheel∙Weiser∙Conari)
• The Stanford Inn by the Sea eco-resort and the Mendocino Center for Living Well (located in Mendocino, California)
• Foodopoly: The Battle Over Food and Farming in America (by Wenonah Hauter, published by The New Press)
• Forks Over Knives – The Cookbook: Over 300 Recipes for Plant-Based Eating All Through the Year (by Del Sroufe, published by The Experiment), a New York Times best seller
• Finding Ultra: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World’s Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself (by Rich Roll, published by Crown Archetype/Random House)
• News for All the People: The Epic Story of Race and the American Media (by Juan González and Joseph Torres, published by Verso Books), a New York Times best seller
• Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health (by Gene Stone, published by The Experiment), a New York Times best seller
• The John Carlos Story: The Sports Moment That Changed the World (by Dr. John Carlos and Dave Zirin, published by Haymarket Books)
• MediaBistro’s Book Promotion and Publicity Bootcamp advisor (online course, July 2014)
• CUNY’s Publishing Institute “Marketing in the 21st Century” panelist (CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, May 2014)
From The Daily Show, Tavis Smiley and Rachel Maddow, to Time, The Nation, and VegNews magazine, to the New York Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Washington Post, and other top tier print outlets, to NPR and Democracy Now, Anne has worked with a wide variety of traditional and new media outlets to increase visibility and brand recognition, while propelling progressive ideas into the mainstream public discourse.