Communications & Publicity Consultant
Publicity is essential for your message to be heard in this age of information overload.
With over a decade of experience as a Communications Specialist,
Anne has strategized publicity and marketing campaigns for publishers,
media outlets, independent businesses, and non-profit organizations. She offers a proven track record of launching highly effective publicity campaigns — resulting in increased book sales, higher visibility and brand recognition, and national media attention — and will guide you through the competitive world of media coverage so that your message gets the attention it deserves.
Anne was the Publicity Director for The New Press from 2007 until 2011 and previously worked for Nation Books/Avalon Publishing, The Disinformation Company, and Lantern Books. As a communications, publicity, marketing, and social media consultant, her clients have included: Dr. Michael Greger and NutritionFacts.org, The Nation Institute, Moyers & Company and Public Affairs Television, Gene Baur and Farm Sanctuary, Bill Moyers, Alice Walker, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Wenonah Hauter and Food & Water Watch, Dr. John Carlos, Forks Over Knives, Rich Roll, Verso Books, Strike Debt’s Rolling Jubilee initiative, and others.
Projects and campaigns:
• How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease (by Dr. Michael Greger with Gene Stone, published by Flatiron Books), a New York Times best seller
• Dining at The Ravens: Over 150 Nourishing Vegan Recipes from The Stanford Inn by the Sea (by Jeff and Joan Stanford, published by BenBella Books)
• The New Threat: The Past, Present, and Future of Islamic Militancy (by Jason Burke, published by The New Press)
• Right Out of California: The 1930s and the Big Business Roots of Modern Conservatism (by Kathryn Olmsted, published by The New Press)
• Living the Farm Sanctuary Life: The Ultimate Guide to Eating Mindfully, Living Longer and Feeling Better Every Day (by Gene Baur with Gene Stone, published by Rodale Books)
• The 2015 Ridenhour Prizes (Program Director)
• Fukushima: The Story of a Nuclear Disaster (by David Lochbaum, Edwin Lyman, Susan Q. Stranahan and the Union of Concerned Scientists, published by The New Press)
• Live and Let Live (German feature documentary DVD)
• Moyers & Company public television program (Interim Communications Director)
• Meatonomics: How the Rigged Economics of Meat and Dairy Make You Consume Too Much-and How to Eat Better, Live Longer, and Spend Smarter (by David Robinson Simon, published by Red Wheel∙Weiser∙Conari)
• The Stanford Inn by the Sea eco-resort and the Mendocino Center for Living Well (located in Mendocino, California)
• Foodopoly: The Battle Over Food and Farming in America (by Wenonah Hauter, published by The New Press)
• Forks Over Knives – The Cookbook: Over 300 Recipes for Plant-Based Eating All Through the Year (by Del Sroufe, published by The Experiment), a New York Times best seller
• Finding Ultra: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World’s Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself (by Rich Roll, published by Crown Archetype/Random House)
• News for All the People: The Epic Story of Race and the American Media (by Juan González and Joseph Torres, published by Verso Books), a New York Times best seller
• Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health (by Gene Stone, published by The Experiment), a New York Times best seller
• The John Carlos Story: The Sports Moment That Changed the World (by Dr. John Carlos and Dave Zirin, published by Haymarket Books)
• MediaBistro’s Book Promotion and Publicity Bootcamp advisor (online course, July 2014)
• CUNY’s Publishing Institute “Marketing in the 21st Century” panelist (CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, May 2014)
From The Daily Show, Tavis Smiley and Rachel Maddow, to Time, The Nation, and VegNews magazine, to the New York Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Washington Post, and other top tier print outlets, to NPR and Democracy Now, Anne has worked with a wide variety of traditional and new media outlets to increase visibility and brand recognition, while propelling progressive ideas into the mainstream public discourse.